GDPR - Our Commitment to Data Privacy¶
Rational BI is committed to compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The regulation contains the most significant changes to European data privacy legislation in the last 20 years. It is designed to give EU citizens more control over their data and seeks to unify a number of existing privacy and security laws under one comprehensive law.
Our customers can trust that we have made GDPR a priority and have devoted significant resources toward our efforts to comply with GDPR. This post outlines our approach and progress to date.
What We Are Doing¶
Like many other software companies, we have implemented a company-wide GDPR compliance strategy. We appreciate that our customers have requirements under GDPR that are directly impacted by their use of our services, and we are committed to helping our customers fulfill their requirements under GDPR.
Below are a few examples of initiatives we have committed to in order to satisfy GDPR requirements that apply to both our customers and us:
- Committing to security and privacy measures required under GDPR..
- Where we are transferring data outside of the EU, committing to appropriate data transfer mechanisms as required by GDPR.
- Assisting our customers with satisfying their GDPR data security and privacy requirements, notifying regulators of personal data breaches on our systems and promptly communicating any such breaches to our customers and end-users.
- Ensuring our staff that access and process our customer’s personal data are bound to maintain the confidentiality and security of that data.
- Holding any subprocessors that handle our customers’ personal data to the applicable data management, security and privacy standards required under GDPR.
- Committing to carrying out data impact assessments and consulting with EU regulators where appropriate.
Do you process personal data of our customers?¶
Where do you send customer data?¶
Our goal is to provide our customers with secure, fast and reliable service. As a provider of a global service, we run our service with common operational practices and features across multiple jurisdictions. For example, we currently store data in data centers provided by Amazon Web Services (AWS). 1 which is typically hosted in the US unless otherwise requested.
Can you guarantee that my data will stay in a certain location (e.g., Europe)?¶
Enterprise customers may request that data be hosted in a certain location (e.g. Europe).
Our non-enterprise service may require that data be transferred to the US. In addition, our employees and contractors may need access to data stored in the EU from a non-EU country (e.g., US) for technical and support related reasons. In all cases where data is transferred outside of the E.U., Rational BI commits to ensuring such transfers are compliant with applicable data transfer laws, including GDPR.
Can you assist my company with responding to an Individual Rights Request (Subject Access Request)?¶
In many cases, customers may be able address these types of requests by logging into our services and using functionality or settings available within the services. Where this is not possible, please contact us to request assistance with any such individual rights requests.
Will you sign Standard Contractual Clauses (also known as Model Clauses)?¶
Yes! We will sign Standard Contractual Clauses for Enterprise customers.
Do you offer your customers a Data Processing Addendum?¶
Yes! We understand that our customers, and in particular, our European customers, will require that, where we are a processor of EU personal data, we execute additional terms that meet GDPR obligations with respect to the processing of that EU personal data. The Rational BI Data Processing Addendum is available upon request to review and use to meet your onward transfer requirements under GDPR. To obtain a copy of our DPA please contact customer service.
Who can I contact with questions regarding GDPR?¶
Please contact customer service for questions regarding GDPR.