Changing Your Password
To modify your password in Rational BI, follow the steps listed below. This procedure ensures that your account remains secure and accessible only by you.
Navigate to your Profile:
- Click on the avatar icon located at the top right corner of the screen.
- From the dropdown menu, select My Profile.
Access the Password settings:
- In the profile sidebar menu on the left, click on Password.
- The password settings screen will appear as a locked form.
Change your password:
- Click Edit to unlock the password settings form.
- Enter your new password into the provided fields.
- Your password must comply with NIST recommendations. The system automatically rejects commonly weak passwords and sequences.
- Re-enter the same password in the confirmation field.
- Click Save to apply your changes.
Your password is now updated. Please ensure to memorize or safely store your new password, as you will need it to access your Rational BI account in the future.
NIST Password Guidelines
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) provides recommendations for creating secure passwords. Rational BI follows these guidelines to ensure robust user security. Here's a brief overview:
Avoid common passwords: Do not use easily guessable passwords such as 'password123', 'qwerty', or '123456'. These are some examples of common weak passwords that our system will reject.
Avoid sequences or repeated characters: Passwords shouldn't contain parts that are sequential or repeated, like '1234' or 'aaaa'.
Consider length over complexity: The NIST recommends creating long passwords over complex ones. A password with 12 or more characters composed of simple, easy-to-remember phrases is often more secure and user-friendly than one with fewer characters and a mix of numbers, symbols, and uppercase and lowercase letters.
Remember, it's crucial to update your password regularly and avoid reusing passwords across multiple sites. This practice can significantly enhance your overall online security.